Like any proper machine, upkeep is paramount. That’s why we recommend that you regularly clean, and care for your Ratio Eight utilizing our expert tips:
How to properly clean your carafe:
For the absolute best flavor profile, we highly recommend a regular cleaning of your Ratio carafe with our custom formula machine-wash. Designed specifically for use with your Eight, this wash will quickly and safely clean and protect your machine from stains and residue for a consistently excellent cup of coffee.
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Add half of the bottle of Ratio Wash to the Carafe, then add water to the fill line.
- Pour into the water tank.
- Brew one complete cycle.
- Rinse all components. Repeat brew cycle three times with clean water.
It’s as simple as making a pot of coffee in the morning.
How to properly clean your Ratio Eight
But wait, there’s more to your machine than just the carafe. The surface of your Ratio Eight may attract some slight discoloration with use. To get it back to sterling condition, we recommend grabbing a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and with a little bit of time, patience, and elbow grease, your machine will look brand new again.
You Will Need:
- 1 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Grab the magic eraser and liberally douse with water.
- Make sure you squeeze out any excess water from the eraser before you start.
- Gently rub the given surface of your Ratio in long, uniform strokes.
- Try to maintain light downward pressure from your initial contact to final contact with the stained area.
- Do not concentrate too much pressure in one spot, as this will begin to remove metal flake in the finish.
- If your sponge dries out, just repeat dousing with water and repeat the same process.
- When you’re finished, be sure to dry the affected area with your microfiber towel and remove any residue from the cleaning process.