Thanks to Ratio Six, world-class coffee is more accessible than ever. Engineered with the brewing precision of the Ratio Eight, the Six offers the one-button convenience of its bigger sibling with a leaner form and lighter price.
One Button Simplicity
Simplify your coffee routine to the touch of a button. The Ratio Six’s Bloom, Brew, and Ready phases run in sequence, delivering a perfect (and easy) cup of coffee every time.
Deliciously Simulated Pourover
The Ratio Six simulates a skilled barista pourover process, precisely metering water flow through both the bloom and brew phases. All of the taste. None of the work.
Under the Hood
Utilizing the same die-cast aluminum heating element as the Ratio Eight, water flows evenly through the stainless steel shower head and over the grounds at the ideal extraction temperature.
Designed for today.
And tomorrow. We designed the Ratio Six for longevity with precision formed stainless steel, borosilicate glass, and high end BPA-free copolymers. Every inch is built to last and covered by a 5-year warranty.
Delicious Coffee. Simplified.
At Ratio, we believe everyone should be able to enjoy world-class coffee without the fuss. Which is why we build coffee machines for flavor, precision, simplicity, and beauty—no more and no less. We call it “convenience without compromise.” Our customers call it “I’m never buying another coffee maker again.”
Thanks to Ratio Six, the world’s best coffee is more accessible than ever.
Featuring unique materials and an innovative build process, the Ratio Six delivers an experience comparative to its older sibling at a leaner cost, slimmer profile, and lighter weight. All despite having the same brewing capacity (1.25 liters / 40 ounces) and powerful 1400 W heating element.
Less Thinking. Better Drinking
Sometimes you just want a great cup of coffee without having to think about time, temperature, and other variables. Which is why Ratio has just one button and no complicated programming.
After the button is pressed, Ratio simulates a skilled barista pourover process: First, hot water is dispersed through a stainless steel spiral showerhead across the grounds, causing a bubbly interaction called a “bloom.” The control board allows the bloom to settle before delivering the rest of the hot water slowly near the ideal temperature (200º). The result? More evenly extracted grounds and a more amazing cup of coffee.
After brewing, simply discard or compost the used paper filter and rinse out the thermal carafe with hot water. That’s it. For deep cleaning—we recommend twice a month—Ratio Wash keeps the water tank and carafe sparkling clean.
There are coffee machines that make great coffee, and there are coffee machines that look great. Ratio Six is both, combining form and function.
Designed in Portland, Oregon, every Ratio machine is meticulously assembled by hand. While common appliances often have a built-in obsolescence and 1-3 year life span, every Ratio is built to last and covered by a 5-year limited warranty.
The Ratio Six ships with a thermal carafe designed for flat-bottom basket coffee filters. Prefer a conical filter? You can also use the Ratio Eight Thermal Carafe or Glass Carafe with a Chemex paper filter or stainless steel reusable Ratio Kone. Both the Ratio Six and Eight have the same brewing capacity (1.25 liters / 40 ounces).
Trying to Choose Between the Six and Eight?
Review the comparison chart between our machines to select the one that’s best for you.
In the Press
- Ratio Six Coffee Maker
- Ratio Six Thermal Carafe + Filter Basket
- Lid for Filter Basket with Heat Shield
- Catcher for Filter Basket
- Ratio Microfiber Towel
- Basket Paper Filters - 4 sample filters
- Operation guide
- Removeable power cord
- Brews up to 40oz. (eight 5oz. cups)
- 5-year warranty
- Powerful 1400 watt/110 volt (220 volt releases early 2020)
- Dimensions: 13.5" deep x 6.75" wide x 14.25" tall
- Weight: 8 lbs
- The Ratio Six coffee maker is built with thick, precision stamped stainless steel with a satin stainless or matte black finish
- Laboratory grade handblown borosilicate glass water lines
- BPA-free copolymer water tank with water markings from 2 to 8 cups, with accuracy to within 1 ounce. The tank holds 44 ounces / 1.3 liters of water at the full mark, with roughly 10% of that volume absorbed into the coffee grounds. 44 ounces poured into the water tank should yield about 40 ounces of brewed coffee.
- The optional heat shield completely surrounds the shower head during brewing, increasing the extraction of your coffee and producing a very hot cup of coffee, all while keeping within the industry-accepted standards for coffee brewing. The coffee is typically just shy of 200 degrees F at the end of the brew cycle. For those that prefer their coffee really hot, or add lots of milk or cream, the heat shield is a great brewing accessory.
- Carafe holds flat bottom basket paper filters such as Melitta
- Designed in Portland, Oregon
Optimized Shower Head
Utilizing the same die-cast aluminum heating element as the Ratio Eight, water flows evenly through the stainless steel shower head and over the grounds at the ideal extraction temperature. Each hole in the shower head is precisely placed to maximize saturation of the coffee, leading to the best possible flavor.
Brew from 2 to 8 Cups
BPA-free copolymer water tank with water markings from 2 to 8 cups, with accuracy to within 1 ounce.
Cast and Stamped Stainless Steel
One of the biggest drawbacks to many current home coffee makers is the abundance of low-grade materials. We chose heavy duty precision stamped stainless steel for the body of the Six, and a beautiful cast stainless lid for the water tank.
The Six features a unique heat shield that completely surrounds the shower head during brewing, increasing the extraction of your coffee and giving you a hot mug of coffee. The coffee is typically just shy of 200 degrees F at the end of the brew cycle.